Occasionally, you might have a problem with your webcam capture process. There are numerous reasons that could cause this to occur, but to solve it:
If your logos are printing black rather than colour, there’s several things that could be causing the problem.
It could, of course, be an error with your printer ribbon, but if you’re using EasyBadge software, some artwork can cause this to happen. Some files can cause an issue and will default any logo to ‘K Resin’ when printing.
To check the settings:
1. Open up the card template by clicking ‘Change a Design’.
2. Ensure the correct card is selected and click ‘Edit a template’.
3. Once the template is open on the screen, select the logo that isn’t printing correctly. Try setting the transparency option to ‘None’ (It’s worth remembering that artwork files might need different settings).
EasyBadge features a status monitor that allows you to check for errors. It’s called ‘Watchmanexe’ and can be accessed by selecting C:\EasyBadge Driver\EasyBadge within the user’s computer.
Right-click on the icon and select ‘Display’. You’ll be able to select whether you want to display it all the time, or just pop up should an error occur.
You’ll now be able to easily view any printing errors that happen while using EasyBadge.
If you’re having an issue you can’t resolve with EasyBadge, you can send us Schema file that diagnoses the problem. To do this:
1.In the EasyBadge program window, click the main menu button.
2. Look down the menu and click ‘Tools’.
3. From the ‘Tools’ dropdown, click ‘Send Schema’.
4. A form appears and will ask you to fill out your details and any additional comments. This will send us details of the structure of your database file and help diagnose your problem. No private data, such as personal names and photos from your database will be sent.