EasyBadge has been designed to make creating ID cards as simple as possible. Once you’re in the program, click ‘Change the Design’ button. This opens a menu allowing you to change and edit your template and create an all-new design if you require one.
To edit a card design in EasyBadge, click on he ‘Change the Design button. This opens the card design menu. Click into ‘Edit a Design’ to make changes to your card design.
If you’ve got a new card design that you want to set as your default ID card for your database, follow the steps outlined below:
EasyBadge gives you flexibility with your ID card designs, with various text formatting options available. In this article, we’ll run through the main text formatting options on offer and how to implement them on your card designs. To format text on your card design, just follow the steps below.
1. Click ‘Change the Design’ button in the middle of the EasyBadge program window.
2. From this menu, you can choose the design you want by clicking the bullet point to the top right of the card preview and clicking ‘Edit a Design’ as shown below.
3. Next, click the text object you want to format. Once selected the text box will have blue control points around it. This allows you to drag it to a new position if required.
4. The text formatting options for the selected text box will appear on the right-hand side in the properties panel. In the example below, the fields ‘forename’ and ‘surname’ are linked by using square brackets. For example [Forename] [Surname].
5. Here’s a full list of text formatting options for EasyBadge. They’re each explained below.
You can quickly and efficiently make ID card designs with graphics using EasyBadge. These include logos.
EasyBadge software allows you to add a toggle ‘on/off’ fields to your card design. To do this, carry out the following:
You can add coloured boxes to an ID card design quickly with EasyBadge. To add one:
For reference, some ways you can change its effect include:
To add a variable field to your card:
The Zero-Suppress function in EasyBadge is a useful tool that removes leading zeros from data appearing on your printed cards. These can include membership numbers, staff numbers and barcodes.
To activate the zero-suppress function in EasyBadge:
Adjusting the aspect ratio of an image in EasyBadge is easy. When you’re in the Card Design section, the card’s properties appear in the right-hand pane. Be sure to select ‘Free’ in the aspect ratio drop-down, and this will allow you to alter the image box to suit the blank area on a card.
You can use a single or dual-sided ID card printer with the EasyBadge program, but whichever you are using, most people will want to print on the reverse of a card. To set this up:
If you’re using a reverse transfer (retransfer) printer, you might find that your card designs are not printing centrally. You can adjust the card print offsets from your EasyBadge program, as outlined below:
This will adjust the printing position and compensates for the larger printing area offered by retransfer printers. If you still aren’t satisfied, try different settings until your image is centralised.
You can find the properties of your ID card printer by following the step-by-step video below.