To operate your Matica XID8300, you need to install the printer driver to your computer. This will be on a CD ROM that comes with the printer. To install the Matica XID8300 driver:
1. Start the installer program ‘Setup XID 8300 184.108.40.206.exe’ when prompted. This installation itself contains two separate steps into one installation procedure: the printer device driver and the printer driver itself.
2. When prompted, click ‘Next’ to continue with the installation and when prompted, select ‘DIGID XID 8300’ from the model list.
3. When prompted, click ‘Next’ again and you’ll be asked to create a password. You can continue with the install without doing this, but we recommend you always protect your files.
4. Next, you’ll be asked to set a default path/location for your driver. We recommend using the proposed path as it appears in the box. To verify the path, click ‘Next’.
5. Click ‘Install’ to continue, and the driver will be installed. Once finished, click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation and reboot your computer.
The exact way to resolve a card jam in a Matica XID8300 will depend on where it happens in the printer. We’ve listed the most common jam-related errors and their locations below, but you can find more specific guidance on clearing card jams within the manual.
To resolve a card jam in the input hopper:
To resolve a card jam in the turnover unit:
To resolve a card jam in the encoding module on a XID8300, you’ll need to reset the printer to eject the card:
To resolve a card jam in the transfer module:
To resolve a card jam in the discharge module:
To resolve ‘Error Code Jam(Retran.) 95’ in a XID8300:
Ribbon breakages are not uncommon when using an ID card printer, but if the problem reoccurs it could be a sign of a deeper technical issue. To resolve a ribbon break:
To replace a ribbon on the XID8300:
To replace the retransfer film in a Matica XID8300:
The bobbin holders can occasionally pick up dirt which in turn falls onto cards, the ink ribbon or retransfer film. This can cause issues. To clean the bobbin holders:
If the quality and colour of your printed cards is reduced, it may be because the fan filter needs cleaning. Matica recommends that it is cleaned every 10,000 prints. To clean the fan filter:
The cleaning rollers are designed to pick up any dirt or dust that gets attached to a card prior to printing. If your print quality is reduced, this could be the cause. To clean the cleaning roller:
The colour of printed cards may become faded or appear dirty if the card feed roller or heating roller is dirty. Matica recommends cleaning these after printing around 1,000 cards. To clean the card feed roller and heating roller:
If your card is not feeding properly into the printer, there are a few things you should check:
Printer downtime can quickly escalate from a slight inconvenience to a business-critical issue. That’s why Digital ID offers best-in-class support packages to meet the requirements of all our customers. In-house technical experts are on hand to solve your problem, big or small.